Finding the right property and making all the arrangements to buy it can take time. It’s a big financial decision so it’s important to look at as many properties as possible and make the right choice. It’s also a good idea to speak with property experts such as real estate agents, bankers and mortgage lending experts.
Before buying a home you should:
- consider the financial costs involved
- find the right lender and home loan
- identify where you’d like to buy
- find the right house
- arrange building inspections
- think about how you’ll repay the home loan.
Buying your first home
Some questions you may wish to consider include:
- Am I better off renting than buying?
- How much can I borrow?
- How much deposit will I need?
- What additional costs will I be up for when I buy a place of my own?
- Are concessions for first homebuyers?
- What should I do with my money while I try to accumulate a bigger deposit?
- What types of loans are available?
- What should I look for in a loan?
- How do I find the right mortgage for me?
How we can help
- Work out how much you can borrow based on current financial capacity
- Calculate the deposit you are likely to need.
- Identify strategies to save for a deposit in the timeframe you set.
- Set a budget to cover your mortgage commitments when you have purchased your property.
- Review, recommend and organise appropriate insurances.
- Recommend if you need to create or review your Will.
What to do next
If you want us to help you review your financial situation contact us today.
This website contains information that is general in nature. It does not take into account the objectives, financial situation or needs of any particular person. You need to consider your financial situation and needs before making any decisions based on this information.